The 222-page Plan Cincinnati, the City's first master plan since the Coordinated City Plan of 1980, focuses on five core initiatives:
- Compete: Includes the elements of economic development and business retention, arts and culture, fiscal impacts, and institutions.
- Connect: Includes the elements of transportation and transit, economic development and business retention, land use, and utilities and infrastructure.
- Live: Includes the elements of housing and neighborhood development, urban design, arts and culture, and land use.
- Sustain: Includes the elements of health, environment, and open space; fiscal impacts; historic conservation; land use; and utilities and infrastructure.
- Collaborate: Includes the elements of intergovernmental cooperation, institutions, and utilities and infrastructure.
The plan will be reviewed annually during the budget process, and will be updated every five years to assess its progress and to make any necessary strategy adjustments.
The City Planning Commission meeting will be held at 6 P.M. in City Council Chambers at City Hall, located .
Previous reading on BC:
Two days remain to comment on draft City master plan (4/19/10)
Comments sought on Plan Cincinnati (3/29/12)
Final master plan learning forum this Thursday (8/23/10)
Cincinnati master plan forum to examine local planning efforts (8/2/10)
Working group summaries for new comprehensive plan coming online (7/5/10)